Boy Scout Troop 20/20

Hockanum River District
CT Rivers Council, Vernon, CT

Frequently Asked Questions 

 How do I sign my child up for Scouting?

 The easiest way to do this is to stop by the Elks Lodge in Vernon during one of our meetings. Or reach out to us through our Contacts page. New Scout Uniform Checklist

 How do I receive updates about Troop events and programs?

 Visit our Blog page and click on "Follow Troop 2020" on the right side of the page to be added to our mailing list for all Troop communications.

 I want to become a merit badge counselor. What do I have to do?

 To become a merit badge counselor for the Scouts in your troop all you have to do is complete a BSA Adult Leader Application and submit it to the council office. No fees are required. Please note on the application that you are applying to become a merit badge instructor. Youth protection training is required. Contact the troop for more details.

 What do the boys need to pack for camp-outs?

 Please see Troop 20/20's Camp Out Supply List.

 How do I shop for campout food?

 Please review our food shopping guidelines here if your are shopping for an upcoming campout.



If you have additional questions, please Contact Us.